Home » Keto Recipes » Ketogenic Dinner Recipes » Keto Meatball Sliders Recipe
Keto Meatball Sliders Recipe
What’s better than a meatball sandwich? A tiny meatball sandwich, of course! That’s right, this Keto meatball sliders recipe proves that big flavor can come in a small package. With four mini meatballs on each sandwich, you’ll get taste them in every bite.
The meatballs are served smothered in a light tangy tomato sauce that comes together in less than 30 minutes. In fact, the whole meal takes less than an hour to make, so you can enjoy these sliders any night of the week. With only 2 grams net carbs, this is one recipe you don’t want to miss.
The Making of a Low-Carb Meatball Sandwich
There are three essential components to any meatball sandwich; the meatballs, the sauce, and the bread. Read on to find out how to make sure every part of your sandwich is Keto-friendly.
- Meatballs – Ground beef is a Keto staple, but many traditional meatball recipes contain ingredients that will knock you out of ketosis, like bread crumbs. It’s also common to soak the breadcrumbs in milk which is a double whammy of hidden dairy and carbs. To keep things simple, and low-carb, our mini meatballs contain only beef and seasonings.
- Sauce – Almost all store-bought tomato sauce has sugar in it! To make sure you’re staying free from sugar, read the label carefully or just make your own. This recipe contains instructions for a quick tomato sauce, but you can also use our recipe for traditional tomato sauce. Feel free to mix up the flavors to suit your tastes. In my house, we add extra oregano and my sister always finishes her sauce with hot pepper flakes.
- Bread – Regular bread made from wheat is, of course, a big no-no for those following a Keto diet. Luckily there are plenty of grain-free bread options out there. In addition to the bun recipe below, you may also want to check out this grain-free Italian bread and this recipe for Keto hamburger buns.
Mix up Your Meatball Sandwich
Why stop at just meatballs and tomato sauce, these meatballs can stand up to a few additions. Just keep any additions in mind when calculating carb counts. Here are just a few suggestions.
- Add sautéed peppers and onions to top off your sliders.
- Add some chopped olives to the sauce.
- Kick it up with some chopped pepperoni on top.
- Garnish with chopped fresh basil.
- Serve with hot pepper flakes for those who like a little spice.
More Keto-Friendly Italian Recipes
These easy sliders are four times the fun in one tiny package.
For the Meatballs:
For the Sauce:
For the bread:
- Make the bread and slice each into 4 slices.
- Mix all the meatball ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Form small meatballs from the mixture and then fry in the coconut oil until cooked.
- To make the sauce, add the avocado oil to a pan and sauté the tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper.
- Put the sliders together by placing 4 small meatballs on a slice of bread, spooning some of the sauce on top and then placing the other slice of bread on top.
- Makes 4 sliders.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 2 g
- Calories: 483
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 46 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 16 g