These sesame buns means there’s no reason to go without buns on Keto anymore.
For the sesame buns:
- 3.5 oz (98 g) of coconut flour
- 2 Tablespoons (14 g) of psyllium husk powder
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 medium eggs (132 g)
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) of sesame oil, plus extra to brush
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon (14 g) of sesame seeds
For the patties:
- 9.1 oz (257 g) of ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of olive oil
- 2 butterhead lettuce leaves
- 2–4 slices tomato
- 2–4 large red onion rings
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and sliced
To make the buns:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Combine the coconut flour, psyllium husk powder, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, coconut oil, sesame oil, vinegar, and 3 oz (88ml) of water together.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and fold in to combine.
- Divide into two portions and shape each portion into a burger bun shape (keeping in mind you will cut it in half once done).
- Place the bun onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Brush a little sesame oil on the top of the buns and scatter over the sesame seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes. Remove and set aside.
To make the patties:
- Combine the ground beef with the garlic powder, salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Divide into two portions and shape each portion into a burger patty shape.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy-bottomed, non-stick pan and fry the patties over moderate heat until cooked through, flipping them over occasionally to create a golden-brown crust.
- Build the burgers by slicing the sesame bun in half and adding your favorite toppings.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 4 g.
- Calories: 902
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 70 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 19 g
- Protein: 41 g