Keto Chicken Sandwich Recipe with Toasted Italian Grain-Free Bread [Paleo, Keto]
While this keto chicken sandwich recipe requires a few more steps, it’s still remarkably easy to make and you could be eating your sandwich in just 30 minutes or less (if you cook fast).
By cutting the chicken breast into thin pieces, it cooks much faster. And by coating the chicken pieces with garlic powder and paprika, the chicken as well as the grain-free bread has tons of flavor. (And the chicken slices are kept moist by coating it with an egg mixture.)
If you love chicken as much as I do, then you’ll want to feast your eyes on our list of tasty keto chicken recipes.
The Italian grain-free bread recipe is based on the Microwave Paleo Bread recipe, but I’ve added in some flavorful herbs like Italian seasoning and garlic powder to imbue the bread with more flavor. After the bread is cooked (which takes 5 minutes), it’s sliced and then toasted in the oven to give it a crisp exterior. If you’re in a hurry, then you don’t need to toast the bread before serving the sandwich.
Keto Chicken Sandwich Recipe
Make the bread by placing all the ingredients into a microwaveable mug.
Mix all the ingredients in the mug well.
Place the mug into the microwave and microwave on high for 90 seconds. The bread will rise when it’s cooking in the microwave so make sure you use a big enough mug. The bread will look like the photo below when it’s cooked.
Let the bread cool for a few minutes and then pop it out of the mug and slice into 4 slices. Preheat the oven to 400F (205 C). Place the 4 slices of bread on a baking tray and toast for 4 minutes.
Cut up the chicken breast so that it forms thin pieces and are approximately the size of your mug (so that the chicken pieces will fit into the bread well).
In a bowl, mix together the ingredients to coat the chicken pieces with (the egg, garlic powder, paprika, and salt and pepper).
Dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture and then place into a frying pan with avocado oil or olive oil.
Cook the chicken pieces until they’re fully cooked.
Put the sandwiches together with some mustard, Paleo mayo, and romaine lettuce leaves.
For more toasted chicken sandwich inspiration which can be keto-fied, take a peek at this Texas toast grilled chicken sandwich.
Pinterest Image for Keto Chicken Sandwich Recipe with Toasted Italian Grain-Free Bread [Paleo, Keto]
For the chicken
For the Italian Grain-Free Bread
For serving with
- Preheat oven to 400 F (205 C).
- Place all the bread ingredients into a mug and mix well.
- Place the mug into the microwave and microwave on high for 90 seconds.
- Let the bread cool for a few minutes and then pop out of the mug and slice into 4 slices.
- Place the slices onto a baking tray and toast in the oven for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the chicken breast into thin slices approximately the size of the mug (so that the chicken pieces won’t hang out of the bread too much).
- Make the coating for the chicken pieces by mixing together the egg, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Place 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a frying pan. Dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture and then place into the frying pan. Fry on medium heat until the outside of the chicken turns golden and then chicken is completely cooked. Place the chicken pieces on a plate.
- Put the sandwiches together by spreading some mustard and mayo onto 1 slice of bread, adding some lettuce leaves, and then putting a slice of chicken on top. Eat as an open-faced sandwich or place another slice of toasted Italian grain-free bread on top.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 2 g
- Calories: 714
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 65 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 33 g