Keto Eggs on Toast Recipe [Gluten-Free, Low-Carb]
Sometimes you want to experiment with breakfast and other times, you crave the classics. For those times when you want a perfect breakfast classic that will never go out of style, we’ve got your back with our step-by-step Keto eggs and toast recipe. It’s low-carb breakfast food at its finest with lightly toasted Keto bread, beautifully sautéed spinach and all topped off with a perfectly fried egg. It’s a simple meal but it’s a good meal, the kind you never get tired of. So, if you’ve been experimenting in the kitchen and you find yourself longing for something a little more traditional, why not try our low carb take on this classic pairing? You won’t be disappointed.
Our Top Tips for Make the Perfect Fried Egg
- Non-stick or nothing – To make perfect fried eggs, you can use a non-stick frying pan or a well-seasoned cast iron skillet, but you need a pan that won’t stick, or you won’t be able to get the perfect runny yolk.
- Go hot or go home – You want your pan quite hot before you add the eggs. This will help you get the crispy edges you want without sticking.
- Say no to flipping – For the best fried eggs with the perfect unbroken runny yolk, flipping is out, and basting is in! To make basted eggs, simply add about 3 tablespoons of coconut oil to the pan. Then add your egg as usual and cook on one side. After about 2 minutes, the edges should be golden brown. To finish off, tilt the pan and carefully spoon the hot oil that gathers at the bottom over the whites until they are cooked through. Do your best to avoid the yolk as you want it to remain runny. Gently remove from the pan and enjoy while hot.
Spice Up Your Spinach
My first year of college, I ate eggs and sautéed spinach twice a week! Needless to say, I came up with a lot of variations in that time. Adding different flavors to the spinach is an easy way to vary this dish without messing with what makes it great. Read on for a few suggestions on how to switch up your spinach.
- Lemon juice and garlic
- Lemon juice and chili flakes
- Toasted almonds
- Five spice and coconut milk
- Garlic and sesame oil
More Keto-fied Breakfast Classics
Why stop with eggs and toast? We have a number of classic breakfast dishes that have been given the Keto treatment.
Or, check out more Keto breakfast recipes here!
How to make Keto Eggs on Toast
Make the toast by mixing the bread ingredients in a mug. And microwave for 90 seconds to cook it. Let cool for a few minutes and pop out.
Slice the bread into 4 slices. Toast in the oven or in a toaster oven until slightly browned.
Meanwhile, fry the eggs in a pan with some coconut oil.
Cook some spinach in the pan as well and serve the spinach and eggs on top of the toast.
Eggs and toast, Keto style!
- Make the toast by following the recipe here.
- Fry the eggs in 2 tablespoons of coconut oil until cooked to your liking.
- Add the spinach in as well and cook until wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the eggs and spinach on top of the slices of toast.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 1 g
- Calories: 519
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 52 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 13 g