10-Minute Keto Toast Recipe [Gluten-Free, Low-Carb]
The best part about toast is that it’s the ultimate grab-and-go food.
This Keto toast recipe takes slightly more effort than sticking slices of store-bought white bread into a toaster – but you’re able to eat delicious bread that’s Keto, low carb, dairy-free, and Paleo. I call that a win.
Making Low-Carb Bread
You may be skeptical that bread – the poster child of carbs – can be part of an honest ketogenic diet. Let me assure you that simple swaps and a little kitchen time are all it takes.
For this 10-minute keto toast, we’ve omitted the gluten-rich wheat flour. You’ll use almond flour instead.
Baking powder steps in for yeast, which offers an added bonus for those of you who don’t have yeast handy.
Finally, you’ll replace the traditional pat of butter with a bit of ghee.
How to Enjoy Your Toast
If you’ve been without bread for long, you’re probably primed to just gobble it up straight out of the oven. But once the novelty has worn off, you might want some suggestions on re-incorporating bread into your recipe repertoire.
Here are some ideas:
- Make a Monte Cristo sandwich
- Top it with almond butter
- Whip up French toast
- Add tomato sauce and cashew cheese to make mini pizzas
- Make bruschetta
- Cut into croutons for soups and salads
- Use it for stuffing (you might need a couple batches!)
- Get reacquainted with garlic bread
- Food process of homemade breadcrumbs
- Utilize the Keto breadcrumbs to make meatballs or meatloaf
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Place all the bread ingredients into a mug and mix well.
- Place the mug into the microwave and microwave on high for 90 seconds.
- Let the bread cool for a few minutes and then pop out of the mug and slice into 4 slices.
- Place the slices onto a baking tray and toast in the oven for 4 minutes.
- Enjoy with some additional ghee.
Nutritional data are estimates calculated based on 2 slice serving.
- Calories: 270
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 27 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 6 g