Keto Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
What could possibly be better than chocolate chip cookies hot out of the oven? Why double chocolate chip cookies of course! These Keto double chocolate chip cookies are even better than that because they aren’t only decadent, they’re low-carb too! They have all the makings of a classic Keto cookie with an almond and coconut flour blend as a base, a little bit of nutty flax meal and egg to hold everything together, creamy coconut oil and cream and plenty of chocolaty flavors. With cacao powder and chocolate chips, you can be sure that you’ll get the maximum chocolate flavor in every bite. Plus, with only 2 grams net carbs per serving, there’s no reason not to indulge.
The Lowdown on Keto Chocolate Chips and Alternatives
You can buy pre-made Keto chocolate chips but if you can find them or are looking for an alternative, here are two options that will still give you amazing tasting sugar-free chocolate chip cookies
Chopped chocolate – In a pinch, you can always use roughly chopped chocolate instead. This will likely blend into the cookie dough more than chocolate chips but that that’s not necessarily a bad thing and likely wouldn’t be noticeable in a recipe with chocolate dough.
Cacao nibs – These are a little expensive, but they won’t bleed into the dough like plain chocolate and they add a pleasant crunch to boot.
3 Tips to Get Perfect Cookies Every Time
- Measure, measure, measure – Having cookies that are all of the equal sizes means that they will all cook in the same amount of time. If your cookies are irregular, some will burn, and others will be undercooked. If you have a kitchen scale, you can weigh your dough. If you don’t you can use a cookie scoop or a measuring spoon to make evenly sized cookies.
- Storage matters – You can bake the best cookies in the world but it won’t matter if you don’t store them well. Make sure all cookies are stored in an airtight container and toss them out of they get stale. If you know that you won’t eat a full batch of cookies, consider freezing the portioned dough and baking them as you need them.
Go All in On Chocolate
Are you a chocolate lover? Check out more low-carb chocolate desserts below!
Chocolate, chocolate chip cookies, need we say more?
- Preheat oven to 320 F (160 C).
- Combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, cacao powder, flax meal, erythritol and chocolate chips in a bowl. In a separate bowl whisk the egg with the melted coconut oil (make sure the coconut oil is not piping hot) and coconut cream. Add the almond flour mix to the egg mixture bit by bit to combine it to form a cookie dough.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop up portions approximately 50 g in weight and form into 8 balls. Flatten and shape each ball into a cookie shape and place onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotating the tray after 6 minutes. Remove and allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 2 g
- Calories: 137
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 5 g