Make-Ahead Keto Creamy Cauliflower Mash Recipe
You won’t miss mashed potatoes with this make-ahead keto creamy cauliflower mash. Cauliflower is the perfect creamy base with a little bit a ghee and salt for flavor. Plus, it’s a make-ahead recipe, make a big batch on the weekend and you’ll have an easy side on hand for the weeks to come.
If you are new to the Keto diet, cauliflower might not be the first thing you think of for a mash. However, it is a very popular low-carb option to replace non-keto-friendly starches like rice and potatoes. It can even be used as a pizza crust!
Cauliflower doesn’t only replace starch, it is also packed with nutrients such as vitamin B, vitamin E, vitamin K, potassium and calcium .
If you’re feeling hungry for more tasty low-carb meals with this amazing vegetable, check out even more keto cauliflower recipes here!
Tips for Perfect Cauliflower Every Time
- When selecting a cauliflower, look for one that is uniform creamy white with no gaps or holes and no blemishes. The top and sides should be firm. Any soft spots indicate that it has begun to spoil.
- The easiest way to cut cauliflower is to cut it in half with a chef’s knife and then in half again. Once you have your cauliflower cut into quarters, it is easy to cut it into florets `by removing the central stem. If your florets are still too large, you can cut them in half or even in thirds.
- Always wash your cauliflower after cutting and right before use. If you try to wash it before cutting, the water won’t be able to get into all the nooks and crannies and if you wash it too far in advance, your cauliflower can go bad.
- Raw cauliflower can last up to two weeks in the fridge but only if you keep it dry! Keep it tightly wrapped in your crisper drawer to maximize the shelf life.
What to Serve with Your Mash
This low carb mash is the perfect side dish, but what should you serve it alongside? Here are some tasty examples.
Keto Slow Cooker Rosemary Lamb Meatballs – What is better to go along with make-ahead mash than a slow cooker dinner that is ready when you get home. Cauliflower mash perfects to soak up the delicious sauce on these meatballs and by making everything ahead of time, you can have dinner on the table in minutes after a long day!
Keto Chicken Mushroom Casserole – This chicken mushroom casserole is about as far from the salty gloppy casseroles of your childhood as you can get! Since there is no creamy sauce in the casserole, it pair perfectly with creamy mash.
Keto Turkey and Vegetable Skillet – Turkey and mashed potatoes are s perennial favorite so why not serve your cauliflower mash with this turkey vegetable skillet for a low carb take on a comfort food classic. The vegetables keep the meal fresh, while bacon add richness and a little salt.
Save time with this go-to mash you can make ahead.
- 1 head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) ghee
- Steam the cauliflower florets for 20 minutes until tender.
- Blend all the ingredients together.
- Place into silicone muffin pans and freezer to enjoy later.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 3 g
- Calories: 64
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2 g