Keto Turkey and Vegetable Skillet Recipe
November for me is all about enjoying the last nice days before winter and devising clever ways to make leftover turkey taste delicious. This keto turkey and vegetable skillet recipe is should not disappoint!
If you can grind up your leftover turkey, you might want to browse our list of ground turkey recipes.
Making a Turkey Skillet Keto
Making this convenient keto turkey and vegetable skillet recipe was fast and fun. It’s actually pretty easy to keep it keto as well.
The base of this skillet is obviously turkey. Turkey is a great source of protein, and of course perfectly acceptable on a keto diet.
As I mentioned before, this recipe is a great way to use up leftovers, or you can cut up turkey breast or use ground turkey.
Moving down the ingredient list, I wanted to pair the turkey with complementary veggies. Onion, asparagus and spinach go really nicely together, and they tend to be handy.
Bacon adds some zip to the mix and makes this dish that much more enticing.
Variations on the Turkey Skillet
The possibilities for this skillet dish are nearly endless. If you’re not a big turkey fan, you could easily swap it out for chicken, steak or ground beef.
If you like to spice things up, add some hot sauce or cayenne pepper.
If you’ve got any handy (and I usually do in the fall) you can add some diced sweet potato.
This recipe works great to fill a nice big lettuce wrap. It makes a lovely weekend lunch.
You could also rise and shine with a nice breakfast skillet. Incorporate some scrambled eggs for a delicious double shot of protein.
Brussels sprouts pair well with bacon and I’m sure they’d also be fantastic in this recipe.
For more turkey skillet inspiration, take a look at this recipe here.
- 3 Tablespoons of coconut oil (90 ml), to cook with
- 0.75 lb of turkey breasts (335 g), diced (or ground turkey)
- 4 slices of bacon (112 g), diced
- 1/2 medium onion (55 g), diced
- 3 spears of asparagus (45 g), chopped
- 1 cup of spinach (30 g), chopped
- 4 teaspoons of fresh thyme (4 g), chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, melt the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and bacon to the skillet and sauté until slightly browned about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the onion, asparagus, spinach and fresh thyme to the skillet. Sauté for an additional 10 minutes until the turkey and bacon are cooked through and the vegetables are soft.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 3 g
- Calories: 665
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 52 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 47 g