- 4 Tablespoons of avocado oil (30 ml), to cook with
- 8 chicken thighs (with skin on) (1.2 kg)
- 1 medium onion (110 g), peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic (9 g), peeled and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh rosemary (6 g), chopped
- 30 white button mushrooms (300 g), halved
- 2 oz of kale (56 g)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Additional rosemary sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Add avocado oil to a frying pan and brown the chicken thighs skin-side down until golden and crispy, then turn the thighs over and cook the other side for a minute or two.
- The chicken isn’t cooked right now, but they’ll be finished off in the oven. Carefully remove from the frying pan and put into a roasting dish.
- Using the leftover oil in the pan, cook the sliced onions, garlic and rosemary and cook over a low-moderate heat to soften the onions completely. Turn the heat up and keep cooking the onions for a few more minutes until they become jammy. Add the mushrooms to the frying pan for a few minutes.
- Spoon the mushrooms and jammy onions into the roasting tray around the chicken pieces and place the dish in the oven for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, toss the kale in some more olive oil.
- After 20 minutes, increase the oven temperature to 400 F (200 C) and remove the tray from the oven while it heats. Scatter the oiled kale in and around the dish, then return the dish to the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, as well as additional rosemary sprigs, then serve to the table for everyone to help themselves.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 5 g
- Calories: 553
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fat: 42 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 35 g