Home » Keto Recipes » Ketogenic Pork Recipes » Keto Slow Cooker Kalua Pig
Keto Slow Cooker Kalua Pig
This is a quick and easy pork butt recipe for those of you who own and love your slow cooker.
Over the years, I’ve found the magic of having a slow cooker by myself – the meat gets extra tender while keeping all those delicious flavors locked in. For me, another big plus of using a slow cooker is, I’m not gonna lie, the extra-time I get for myself while dinner is cooking… by itself.
For this Kalua Pork, you’ll need one special ingredient: liquid smoke. This is a simple way to enjoy smokey flavorful pork without any hard-to-find ingredients.
If you have access to special ingredients like black lava sea salt, then go for it, but you don’t need it to recreate delicious Kalua pork at home.
The trick is to keep the pork intact, so don’t chop it up or pull it apart until you’re ready to eat it. Then shred it with your fork and enjoy with some delightful side dishes.
What to serve your Kalua pork? There are so many ways to enjoy this… from a simple guacamole to a crunchy Keto Coleslaw.
- 6 lbs (2.7 kg) bone-in pork butt
- 2 Tablespoons sea salt (use Hawaiian if possible)
- 1 Tablespoon liquid smoke
- Cut slits in the pork fat.
- Rub the liquid smoke and sea salt over the pork butt.
- Place the pork butt into the slow cooker and set for 8 hours on low heat.
- When ready, pull apart the meat with a fork while still in the slow cooker. Mix it with the juices until it’s well combined.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 633
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 42 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 59 g