Keto Rosemary Roast Beef and White Radishes Recipe
Rosemary and radishes steal the show in this low-carb delight. This keto rosemary roast beef and white radishes recipe is ready to eat in just an hour.
This root vegetable is one that doesn’t come up very often. But maybe it should. There are a ton of nutrients in this humble vegetable.
They are brimming with vitamin C. In fact, just a half-cup serving delivers about 14 percent of your daily needs.
They’re also a decent source of fiber. The same half-cup serving will get you about a gram of fiber.
Now, here’s one you’ve probably never heard of: isothiocyanates. Don’t worry, I won’t make you spell it back to me or try to pronounce it.
All you need to know is that isothiocyanates wage war against certain kinds of cancers.
Gone are the days where your only option was red radishes. These days, radishes come in a variety of designer colors and flavors.
For this recipe, I chose white radishes. The hue should be bright white and nearly see through. The tops of the radish should be bright green and fresh looking.
Make sure the radish isn’t hollow or soft by giving it a gentle squeeze.
You can store radishes in the fridge for roughly ten days.
Another Keto Roast Beef Recipe
If you like this keto recipe, I’ve got another one in the queue. After all, you can never have too many options for dinner!
- 3 lb (1.5 kg) boneless beef roast
- 2 white daikon radishes (or use 4 carrots), peeled and chopped
- 3 Tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons salt, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Rub olive oil, rosemary, and salt over the beef.
- Place the peeled and chopped radishes in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Place the beef (with the fat on top) on top of the radishes and bake for 1 hour.
- When done, wrap the beef in foil and let rest for 20 minutes before serving.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 3 g
- Calories: 492
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 39 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 29 g