Keto Breakfast Stack Recipe [Paleo, AIP, Dairy-Free]
Breakfast is tough on any diet, and keto is one of the toughest.
Most of us don’t want to just eat eggs every morning!
So, for some variation and fun, why not give this keto breakfast stack recipe a try – the “buns” are made from fried portabello mushrooms which provide a juicy and meaty bite.
If breakfast is your favorite meal of the day, then you’ll love our keto breakfast inspiration.
You can also make this recipe AIP-compliant by omitting a few small non-AIP ingredients.
Egg-Free Keto Breakfast Recipes
We’ve also got a ton of other ketogenic breakfast recipes that’ll keep your carb intake low and help keep you in nutritional ketosis. Here are a few of our favorites:
Smoothies are a great way to start your day. They’re easy to make and filled with nutrition.
Who says you can’t have granola on a ketogenic diet. This simple mix can be customized to your tastes – simply replace with the nuts or seeds that you want to use. Just make sure you don’t overeat this as nuts and seeds can be very addictive.
Give your morning caffeinated drink a keto boost with some ghee and coconut oil (or MCT oil). You’ll get a rich and creamy coffee with foam on top. Give it a try – you might be hooked!
If you are cooking breakfast for picky non-keto family members, then you might find this breakfast stack recipe handy.
Keto Breakfast Stack Recipe
- 4 slices bacon (use AIP-compliant bacon if you’re staying AIP)
- 1/4 lb (110 g) ground pork
- 1/4 lb (110 g) ground chicken
- 2 teaspoons (2 g) Italian seasoning
- 1 egg, whisked (omit for AIP)
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 2 large flat mushrooms (like portobello)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Cook the bacon until crispy. Leave the fat in the pan.
- Mix together the ground pork, chicken, Italian seasoning, egg, salt, and pepper in a bowl and form 4 thin patties.
- Pan-fry the patties in the bacon fat.
- Then pan-fry the mushrooms.
- Put together your keto breakfast stack with the mushrooms on the bottom, then 2 thin patties, then 3 slices of avocado, and top it with the slices of bacon. Serve with the rest of the avocado slices.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 5 g
- Calories: 680
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 54 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 38 g