Home » Keto Recipes » Ketogenic Pressure Cooker Recipes » Pressure Cooker Keto Beef Curry Recipe
Pressure Cooker Keto Beef Curry Recipe
If you’ve been having trouble finding a good keto or low-carb beef curry recipe, look no further. This pressure cooker keto beef curry recipe has a ton of flavor, but minimal carbs.
So many beef curry and beef stew recipes have tons of carrots and potatoes in them. Those vegetables increase the net carbs too much for your careful ketogenic diet.
That’s why this keto beef curry recipe uses only two low-carb vegetables – broccoli and zucchini. It’s also high in fat from the coconut cream that goes into thickening the curry.
If you don’t have a pressure cooker, you can use a regular pot on the stove. Just make sure to cook the curry for at least two hours until the beef is tender. You’ll also need to add in more beef broth than the recipe currently calls for.
Why You Need a Pressure Cooker
No pressure…but if you don’t have a pressure cooker, you’re missing out! Here are some of the benefits:
- Tender and flavorful meats
- Much faster cook times
- Additional benefits (like a yogurt maker on some devices)
They’re safe and easy to use. I really like the Instant Pot, as it’s simple to use and also has a yogurt function so you can try your hand at making coconut yogurt at home.
Check out this list of all the delicious pressure cooker recipes you can make for your keto diet!
How to Make Keto Beef Curry in the Pressure Cooker
Place all the ingredients except for the coconut cream into the pressure cooker pot.
Turn on the pressure cooker (make sure the lid and the vent are secured) and cook on high pressure for 45 minutes (this usually takes around an hour due to the time it takes for the pot to pressurize).
Be careful when opening the pressure cooker – make sure to follow your pressure cooker’s instructions for releasing the pressure.
Stir in the coconut cream and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- 2 lbs of beef stew chunks (900 g)
- 1/2 head of broccoli (225 g), broken into florets
- 2 zucchinis (240 g), chopped
- 1/4 cup of beef broth (60 ml)
- 2 Tablespoons of curry powder (14 g)
- 1 Tablespoon of garlic powder (10 g)
- 1 cup of coconut cream (240 ml)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the beef, broccoli florets, zucchinis, broth, curry powder, and garlic into the pressure cooker pot.
- Mix well and try to keep the beef on the bottom of the pot.
- Set on high pressure (use the manual setting on the Instant Pot) for 45 minutes. Check your pressure cooker’s instructions for releasing pressure.
- Gently stir in the coconut cream to taste and add any additional salt to taste
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 5 g
- Calories: 508
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 40 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 27 g