Keto Cauliflower Beef Curry [Dairy-Free]
It’s comforting to know that a meal this hearty can be keto. Make this keto cauliflower beef curry recipe for a satisfying meal everyone will enjoy.
What’s in Beef Curry?
Curry in general casts a pretty wide net – while it represents dishes with a complex blend of spices, the exact makeup varies from place to place.
Garlic powder, turmeric, cumin powder, chilis, ginger, and coriander are pretty common curry ingredients.
The spices can flavor the dish in one of two ways. In a dry mixture, the spices coat the meat, fish, or vegetables that make up the dish.
In a wet mixture, the curry is blended into a sauce, which might be a base of yogurt, broth, cream, coconut cream, tomato puree, or sautéed onions.
Beef is a common ingredient in curry, and it’s the one I chose for this recipe. Many people serve beef curry over rice.
How I Made This Keto
While some elements of beef curry are keto, some are not. But it is possible to bring this dish completely into keto country.
Because beef curry is so often eaten over rice, I wanted to include cauliflower rice for a more authentic experience.
Plus, you’re getting at least one serving of vegetables, which is always a good thing.
Next comes the oil. While it’s not a featured ingredient, you do need oil to cook with, and many recipes will steer you wrong.
A quick hunt revealed curry recipes calling for sunflower oil and canola oil. This article breaks down why those are not the best choices, but for now let’s just say there are better options out there.
Like coconut oil, for example. Opt for virgin coconut oil, which is made from cold-pressing coconuts and separating the milk and water from the oil.
My next challenge was the sauce. Many sauces contain dairy, but I know many people who would rather avoid it.
To achieve that great creamy texture, I use coconut cream. This isn’t a stretch at all, because many non-keto curries also use it as their sauce base.
Free Keto Meal Plan
Do you want more recipes like this keto cauliflower beef curry, but don’t have time to look?
Check out my free ketogenic diet meal plan. An entire week’s worth of breakfast, lunch, and dinner is at your disposal.
You can also take a look at my recipes page, where you can search by many different categories, from chicken to appetizers to drinks and everything in between.
A sassy, savory, keto take on beef curry
- 1 lb of beef stew chunks (450 g)
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) coconut oil, to cook with
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 cup of beef broth (240 ml)
- 1/2 cup of coconut cream (120 ml)
- 3 Tablespoons of curry powder (21 g)
- 1 Tablespoon of garlic powder (10 g)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add coconut oil into a saucepan and brown the beef cubes. Sprinkle cumin powder and salt over the beef pieces in the saucepan.
- Add cauliflower, broth, and coconut cream to a blender and blend well. Pour into the saucepan and season with the curry powder and garlic powder.
- Simmer for 50 minutes until the beef is tender.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 3 g
- Calories: 440
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 37 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 20 g