Keto Slow Cooker Brisket Chili Recipe
Being on a keto diet shouldn’t mean you’re hungry all the time. This rich, deeply flavored, keto slow cooker brisket chili recipe will leave you full and satisfied.
If you’re new to brisket, this recipe is great to try. It’s a fun twist on traditional beef chili.
What is Brisket?
If you love food like I do, you’re probably familiar with brisket already. That being said, I wouldn’t call brisket the most commonly eaten meat, so chances are I can share a little bit about brisket you didn’t know.
Brisket is meat from the lower chest or breast of beef cattle or veal. These muscles support a ton of weight, so they’re thick with connective tissue.
Because of this, brisket needs to be cooked slowly at a low temperature, just as you’ll do to make this keto slow cooker brisket chili recipe. If you’d like to prepare it another time without the chili, try roasting, baking, boiling or smoking it.
What Makes this Chili Keto-Friendly
Keeping the carbs down means keeping the black, kidney, pinto and garbanzo beans out. The other ingredients work so well together, however, that you won’t even miss the beans.
If you’d like, you can serve this chili over cauliflower rice or mashed cauliflower. Both options round out the dish nicely without swaying your macros like a bread bowl would.
Diced tomatoes, beef stock, and spices – which all appear regularly in traditional chili recipes – give this dish a familiar taste and texture. If you prefer a spicy chili, you can even add slices of fresh Jalapeño pepper to boost the heat.
Slow cooker recipes are some of the easiest to recreate, so don’t hesitate and make yourself a yummy keto chili tonight!
For the brisket –
- 1.5 lbs of beef brisket (675 g), (deboned)
- 4 Tablespoons (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 9 oz mushrooms, sliced (255g)
- 1 green bell pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeño pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons (12 g) ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon (6 g) chili powder
- 2 cups (480 ml) beef stock
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (400 g)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For garnish –
- Flat leaf parsley or sliced Jalapeño pepper to garnish (optional)
- In a large pan, add 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of olive oil. Brown the brisket on all sides and set aside.
- Add the other 2 Tablespoons of olive oil to the pan and sauté the onions, garlic, mushrooms, green bell pepper, and Jalapeño pepper. Add in the cumin and chili powder as well.
- Place the brisket and the sautéed vegetables into a slow cooker. Add in the beef broth and chopped tomatoes. Cover and cook for 6 hours on low, turning the brisket every now and then.
- Shred the meat in the slow cooker and cook for 1 more hour.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve over mashed cauliflower or cauliflower rice.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 6 g
- Calories: 436
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 35 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 22 g