- 1/2 cup (120 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon (8 g) dried instant yeast or nutritional yeast flakes
- 1.25 cup (140 g) coconut flour
- 1 cup (120 g) almond flour
- 2 teaspoons (4 g) baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon (10 g) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon (1 g) Italian seasoning
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1 whole egg + 2 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 320 F (160 C).
- Heat the almond milk up in the microwave for 45 seconds (or on the stove), then whisk in the active dried yeast. Set aside to cool slightly. (The yeast will not be activated without the presence of sugar, so this step is purely to add a hint of flavor. If you have nutritional yeast flakes, this will work equally well, if not better).
- In a separate large bowl, combine the coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Check the temperature of the warmed almond milk as you do not want to add the eggs if it is still too warm (else the eggs will scramble). If you are satisfied it is not too hot, whisk in the egg and the two additional egg whites.
- Add the wet mixture into the flour mix and combine well using a wooden spoon. It should come together as a dough.
- Divide the dough into 6 small portions and shape into a ball and then flatten them. Roll or press into a flat oval shape (approx. 1/2-inch or 1 cm thick).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 4 g
- Calories: 217
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 11 g