Keto Chicken Massaman Curry with Daikon Radishes
What tends to happen to most of us when we are on a diet is we get into a routine of eating the same foods and meals over and over. It gets really dull and can often lead to our subconscious cravings for other foods. That is probably what lead you to the internet, and this site, in particular, is to find some new meals to try out and mix things up.
The Keto chicken Massaman curry with daikon radishes recipe below is a great place to explore on your world tour. The traditional Thai dish offers a balanced taste of spice, protein, and vegetables.
Explore the World Through Food
One of the best ways to mix up your same old meal plan is to look at other unique types of cuisine. The world has developed many flavors and combinations from the heavy spiced jerks of Jamaica to the highly traditional methods of France. There is a world to explore, and you never have to leave the kitchen.
Thai: The Intimidating Cuisine
If you are inexperienced in the kitchen, there are many dishes that can seem intimidating. Curries are definitely one of those meals that seem highly sophisticated – and to be fair, the flavors entirely are. However, curry is much more simple to assemble than most expect.
Most often a curry can be assembled from one pot and works in many of the same ways that a stew or soup would. It’s a lot about allowing the ingredients to simmer together and develop flavor. It is the curry mixes that require a keen sense to balance appropriately. Thankfully, there are many pre-mixed options out there that can help you skip that step – and for beginners that would be my recommendation.
Curry is a Great Cuisine to Explore on the Keto Diet
Thai cuisine always seems to pop up when I look into many diets. There are plenty of options for vegans, diabetics, and especially the Keto diet. Though this recipe is a fantastic place to start, sourcing an Thai cookbook, or diving deeper into the culture may show you some great new dishes to try out next time.
This yummy curry is a strong tool in your Thai arsenal.
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) coconut oil, to cook with
- 2 cups (480 ml) coconut milk
- 3 Tablespoons curry powder
- 1 Tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) fish sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) almond butter
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) lime juice
- 1 Daikon radish (300 g), peeled and diced
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add coconut oil to a large pan and brown the onions. Then add the chicken and brown.
- Add coconut milk, curry powder, ginger, fish sauce, almond butter, daikon radishes, and lime juice and simmer for 15 minutes. Add in cilantro and salt to taste.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 9 g.
- Calories: 633
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 52 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 28 g