Keto Asian Chicken Wings Recipe
Game on! Gather your friends for the big game and get geared up for a win with this zingy keto Asian chicken wings recipe.
Check out this list of yummy game-time snacks that are sure to keep the whole room happy!
Better for You Wings
If you were to order chicken wings from a restaurant, it may seem like a reasonable option. I mean, they’re full of protein right?
While even restaurant wings have the protein thing going for them, they may have some detriments. Typically they’ll be fried as part of the cooking process. To make matters worse, they’re often fried in vegetable or canola oils.
There are better options for cooking oils. For this recipe, I chose sesame oil.
For starters, the nutty taste of sesame oil makes it a good fit for this recipe.
Cold pressed sesame oil has a big advantage over vegetable oil. The oil is extracted at a low temperature, avoiding the use of chemical solvents or high heat.
You will want to take special care of your sesame oil at home. Recipes (including this one) often call for small amounts of sesame oil, so you’ll likely be storing it for a while.
It can become rancid when exposed to light, heat, or air. Protect your ingredient investment by keeping it in a tightly sealed dark container in a cool place – probably your refrigerator.
If you’d prefer to serve up Buffalo wings to your game buddies (while you keep it keto), then take a peek at this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- In a large container toss the sesame oil, tamari sauce, ginger powder, vinegar, garlic, and salt.
- Whisk to thoroughly combine all ingredients. Add the chicken wings to the mixture. Place the wings (meaty side up) on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the skin is crispy. Drizzle leftover marinade on the wings halfway through.
- Turn on the broiler for a few minutes if you want it crispier.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 1 g
- Calories: 277
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 22 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 18 g