009: Shirley Plant on Ways Keto Can Make Menopause Easier
Shirley Plant is a nutritionist, speaker, writer, cookbook author, recipe creator and wellness activist. After she was diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, and multiple food and environmental allergies in her twenties, she set out on a pursuit to learn which foods were best for her body to help cope with life and the changes it was going through.
Watch The Keto Summit Show On YouTube:
In this episode, Shirley and Louise talk about menopause and a ketogenic diet:
- Shirley’s health journey
- What is the difference between perimenopause, menopause and postmenopause?
- How a Keto diet can help with symptoms of menopause
- Why we should focus on alkaline foods
- The importance of decreasing stress during menopause
- How to listen to your body to know what it wants
- The importance of sleep during menopause
- Why community matters during menopause