Zesty lemon and garlic pork chops with crisp, gently cooked asparagus. An easy weeknight dinner!
- 2 pork chops
- 1 lemon, sliced into wedges.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small bunch thin asparagus spears (roughly 6oz)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat water in a pan, a steamer or prepare an instant pot to steam the asparagus.
- Heat the oil in a skillet or frying pan over medium high heat.
- Once hot, add the garlic and pork chops. Cook for 4-5 minutes on the first side.
- After the first side is cooked, add the asparagus to your steamer and steam for 5 minutes.
- Flip the pork chops and squeeze over half of the lemon. Season to taste. Cook for another 4-5 minutes until the pork chops are cooked. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the pork reaches 145F.
- Once the asparagus is cooked, add to the pan and toss for a minute or so.
- Serve the pork chops on top of the asparagus with a wedge of lemon.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Serving Size: 1 pork chop and half the asparagus
- Calories: 336
- Sugar: 4g
- Fat: 21g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 34g