A meaty, sure-to-please “pasta”
- 2 lbs (900 g) of ground beef
- 1 cup (32 g) fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) avocado oil, to cook with
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 can (400 g) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 can (200 g) tomato sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely diced or minced
- 2 zucchinis, spiralized or shredded or peeled into long noodle-like strands
- Extra basil leaves, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Add the avocado oil to a hot pan and brown the beef and onions.
- Add into a large baking dish with the rest of the ingredients (except the zucchinis).
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Then carefully stir in the zucchini noodles, let sit for 5 minutes, and serve.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 5 g
- Calories: 392
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fat: 31 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 20 g