A traditional pumpkin pie for keto.
To soak the cashew nuts
- ½ cup (112 g) of unroasted cashew nuts
For the pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tablespoons (3 g) of cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (1 g) of ginger powder
- pinch ground cloves
- pinch ground nutmeg
For the pastry case
- 1 cup (120 g) of almond flour
- 1/4 cup (28 g) of ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup (28 g) of coconut flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of water
For the filling
- Place the cashew nuts into a bowl and cover with hot water. Leave to soak overnight.
Make the crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix together the almond flour, flaxseed, coconut flour, and quarter cup of water to form a dough. Press the dough into a greased pie dish.
- Bake for 10-12 min until slightly browned. Remove and allow to cool.
Make the filling
- Drain the cashew nuts, keeping ¼ cup of the water.
- Place the soaked nuts and the ¼ cup reserved water into a food processor. Blitz well, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl regularly. Add the coconut milk and continue to blitz the mixture until completely smooth. Set aside.
- Dissolve the gelatin in the hot water and set aside while you prepare the rest of the filling.
- Add the pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, and cashew nut mixture to a pan.
- Cook over low to moderate heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously. Add the Erythritol and the gelatin mixture and stir well to combine.
- Pour the filling into the cooled pie crust and place in the fridge to set for several hours.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 7 g
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fat: 16 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 7 g