Spruce up chicken fingers with this refreshing twist.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup (56 g) coconut flour
- Zest from 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1 egg, whisked
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut the chicken breasts into approx. 1-inch by 3-inch strips.
- Mix the coconut flour with the lime zest in a bowl and season with salt, to taste. Place the whisked egg in a separate bowl.
- Place each chicken strip into whisked egg and then into the coconut flour “breading” mixture. Press the “breading” onto each chicken strip so that it gets a thin covering.
- Place the chicken strips on the prepared baking tray and bake for 20 minutes. Check the chicken is cooked through with an internal temperature of 165 F (74C).
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayo and mustard for the dipping sauce.
- Serve the chicken fingers with the dipping sauce.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net carbs: 1 g
- Calories: 359
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 24 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 27 g