These Keto Cinnamon “Sugar” Pretzel Bites are the perfect sugar-free snack that will satisfy your sweet tooth but without all of the carbs.
For the soft pretzels –
- 1 ½ cups (180 g) almond flour
- 1/2 cup (56 g) coconut flour (plus additional, if needed)
- 2 Tablespoons (20 g) collagen peptides or unflavored protein powder
- 1 Tablespoon (12 g) granulated erythritol
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 g) baking soda
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) coconut milk (plus additional, if needed)
For the baking soda wash –
- 1 ½ cups (360 ml) hot water
- 2 Tablespoons (24 g) baking soda
For the cinnamon “sugar” –
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C). Line two baking trays with silicone mats or parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the soft pretzel ingredients in a large bowl to form a stiff dough. If the dough is too dry, add an additional 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of coconut milk (or water). If the dough is too wet, add additional coconut flour, 1 Tablespoon (7 g) at a time, until the dough is no longer wet.
- Lightly sprinkle a cutting board with coconut flour. Divide the dough into 4 portions. Roll each portion into long ropes, each rope about 1-inch (2 ½ cm) diameter. Use a serrated knife to cut each rope into bite-size portions, about 1-inch (2 ½ cm) each.
- Combine the baking soda wash ingredients in a large bowl, whisking until the baking soda is completely dissolved. In small batches, use a slotted spoon to dip the pretzel dough portions into the baking soda wash, gently shaking off any excess moisture after the portions are dipped. Place the pretzel dough portions, without touching, on the prepared baking sheets.
- Place the baking sheets in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the pretzel bites are golden brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place the melted ghee or coconut oil in a large bowl. Combine the cinnamon powder and granulated erythritol in a separate large bowl.
- Toss the baked pretzel bites in the melted ghee or coconut oil until completely coated. Place the coated pretzel bites in the cinnamon “sugar” bowl and toss until evenly covered with the mixture. (If needed, toss the pretzel bites in the ghee or coconut oil and cinnamon “sugar” mixture in several batches.)
- Serve the soft pretzel bites warm and enjoy.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 5 g
- Calories: 449
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fat: 36 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 17 g