This delicious cilantro lime dressing will lift any salad to the next level.
For the chicken:
- 1 Tablespoon (6 g) of cayenne pepper
- 4 chicken breasts (800 g), skinless and deboned
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of olive oil, for grilling
For the dressing:
- 6 Tablespoons (90 ml) of olive oil
- generous handful cilantro leaves (0.5oz / 15g)
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of white balsamic vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper
For the salad:
- 4 cups of lettuce of your choice
- 20 cherry tomatoes (340 g), halved
- 4 pickled jalapenos (56 g), sliced
- 1 red onion (110 g), peeled and finely sliced
- 1 large avocado (200 g), diced
- Preheat the oven to 355°F (180°C).
- Sprinkle the cayenne pepper onto both sides of the chicken breasts and season with salt. Heat the olive oil in a pan and brown the chicken on both sides until golden. Transfer to a roasting tray and bake for 10-12 minutes to cook the breasts through.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by placing the olive oil, cilantro, lime juice, and white balsamic vinegar into a mini food processor or blender and blitz well. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Finish the salad by combining the remaining ingredients. Slice the chicken breasts and serve on top with the dressing.
NOTE: Any leftover dressing can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 7 g
- Calories: 751
- Sugar: 5 g
- Fat: 55 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 49 g