The best bar food made at home.
For the chicken tenders and pickles –
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/4 cup (28 g) of coconut flour
- 1/4 cup (30 g) of almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons (20 g) of garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon (15 g) of salt
- 2 teaspoons (4 g) of paprika
- 4 small pickles, sliced
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into long strips (or equivalent amount of pre-sliced chicken tenders)
For the ranch dipping sauce –
- 1/4 cup of mayo (60 ml)
- 1/2 Tablespoon (5 g) garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 F (220 C).
- Place the whisked egg in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the coconut flour, almond flour, garlic powder, salt, and paprika.
- With a paper towel, pat dry each pickle slice. Dip each pickle slice into the whisked egg and then dip into the flour mixture. Place each pickle slice in a single layer on a greased rimmed baking tray.
- Dip each chicken tender into the whisked egg and then dip into the flour mixture. Place the “breaded” chicken tenders in a single layer on a separate baking tray.
- Place both baking trays in the oven and bake for 7 minutes. Turn over the chicken tenders and pickle slices and continue to bake for an additional 7 minutes. Remove the tray with the pickles and keep baking the chicken for another 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayo, garlic powder, parsley, and dill. Season with salt, to taste.
- Serve the ranch dipping sauce with the baked chicken tenders and pickles.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 7 g
- Calories: 872
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 65 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 56 g