We’ve Keto-fied this classic Italian dish so everyone can enjoy.
- 5 chicken drumsticks (with skin on) (625 g)
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion (55 g), peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves (6 g) of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of red wine (or water)
- 20 black olives (60 g), pitted and sliced
- 1 can (400 g) of diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of water
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 355°F (180°C). Season the drumsticks with salt on all sides.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and brown the drumsticks until the skin is golden and crispy. Remove the drumsticks from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic to the same pan and cook until partially caramelized. Deglaze the pan with the red wine (or water) and cook until all the wine is evaporated. Add the olives, diced tomatoes, and an additional 1/4 cup (60 ml) of water to the pan. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Place the chicken drumsticks in a baking dish and cover with the hot tomato mixture.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Season the dish with additional salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Garnish the dish with chopped fresh basil and serve.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 181
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 15 g