Delight your family and friends with this easy, foolproof variation of the traditional coffee cake.
For the cake:
- 1/2 cup (125g) of ghee or coconut oil, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup (227g) of plain coconut yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon (1 g) of baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups (225g) of almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 g) of baking soda
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tablespoon of powdered monk fruit or another sweetener of choice (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (8 ml) of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons (4 g) of espresso instant coffee, mixed with 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of water
For the icing:
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (177ºC). Grease an 8×4-inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add ghee, coconut yogurt, eggs, baking powder, almond flour, baking soda, and 1/3 cup of powdered monk fruit to a large mixing bowl and whisk together until evenly mixed and smooth.
- Scoop out 1 1/2 cup of the batter and place in a new bowl. Mix in the coffee. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of monk fruit.
- Transfer the two mixes to the prepared loaf pan and, using a spatula, swirl together to create a marble effect.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Leave the cake to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, before gently turning onto a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, whisk together all icing ingredients in a mixing bowl until creamy and refrigerate until needed.
- Spread the icing on top of the cooled cake and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts. Net Carbs: 4 g
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 327
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 31 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 7 g