Lovely, sweet scones made using a combination of almond and coconut flours.
For the scones
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons (70 g) of coconut flour
- 1/2 cup (60 g) of almond flour
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (4 g) of baking soda
- 3 Tablespoons (36 g) of Erythritol
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) of vanilla extract
For the accompaniments
- 3 1/2 oz (100 g) of fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) of coconut cream (from the top of a refrigerated can of coconut milk)
- 1 Tablespoon (12 g) of powdered Erythritol
- Preheat the oven to 340°F (170°C).
- Combine the coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda and Erythritol in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk to combine the eggs with the vanilla extract. Pour the egg mixture into the flour and mix well to combine.
- Form 4 balls from the dough and place them on a rimmed baking tray lined with parchment paper. Flatten the tops of the dough slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Place the baking tray in the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, rotating the tray halfway through. Remove the baking tray from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, to make the blueberry jam, place the blueberries in a small saucepan and heat gently while using a potato masher or fork to mash them. Continue to cook until all excess liquid has evaporated. Set aside to cool completely.
- To make the sweet coconut cream, simply combine the coconut cream and powdered Erythritol.
- Serve the scones with the blueberry jam and sweet coconut cream, if desired.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Serving Size: 1 scone with 1/4 of the blueberry jam and sweet coconut cream
- Calories: 217
- Sugar: 5 g
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 8 g