- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 lb (450 g) ground pork sausage (or use ground pork with 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning)
- ¼ cup (30 g) almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons (14 g) flax or chia seeds, ground into a meal (use a food processor, blender, or coffee grinder)
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive or avocado oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- In a small bowl, stir together the ground pork, almond flour, flax/chia meal, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Divide the meat mixture into 6 portions and flatten into patties and wrap around the boiled eggs, making sure there are no gaps. (Add additional olive oil or a bit of water to help the mixture stick together if needed.)
- Use some plastic foil to help you get the mixture tightly around the boiled eggs.
- Place on baking trays and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Then turn the eggs over carefully and bake for another 15 minutes, or until sausage is cooked through. Remove from oven and let cool.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 1 g
- Calories: 198
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 24 g