- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup (120 g) almond flour
- 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder (3 g)
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil (45 ml)
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder (2 g) or other herbs/spices of choice (optional – omit if using to make French Toast)
- 1 teaspoon fine salt (5 g) (optional – omit if using to make French Toast)
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free instant yeast mixed with 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) tepid water (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Combine the eggs, almond flour, baking powder, mustard powder, salt, and olive oil. If you’re using the optional yeast mixture (which really is just there to add a bread ‘flavor’ – it is entirely optional), add it in now as well.
- Mix well to form a sticky dough.
- Place the mixture into a small greased baking tin (3.5-in x 8-in / 9cm x 20cm) and smooth on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- After baking, carefully tip out and slice into 4 bread slice-sized squares, essentially making 4 thick slices (something like a focaccia or flat bread).
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 2 g
- Serving Size: (per 1 slice serving)
- Calories: 257
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 24 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 8 g