Lowering the sugar makes this classic Korean side dish a must-have for Keto.
- 1 Chinese (or Napa) cabbage (1.5 lb or 700 g), washed and quartered lengthwise
- 1/3 cup (75 g) salt, to wilt the cabbage
For the kimchi sauce:
- Sprinkle salt liberally on the quartered cabbage. Place into a container for 2-3 hours so the water flows out of the cabbage. Pour out the water.
- Wash the cabbage again to remove the excess salt. Wring the cabbage gently with your hands to remove excess water.
- To make the kimchi sauce, blend the sauce ingredients.
- Use your hands to massage the kimchi sauce over the cabbage.
- Marinate for 1 day at room temperature.
- Keep in fridge and consume within 2 weeks. Chop the cabbage into small pieces when serving.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 3 g
- Calories: 22
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 1 g