Home » Keto Recipes » Ketogenic Pork Recipes » Tasty Keto Pulled Pork Jalapeno Poppers with Spicy Mayo (Dairy-Free)
Tasty Keto Pulled Pork Jalapeno Poppers with Spicy Mayo (Dairy-Free)
I think we’ve all asked ourselves at some point “what to do with pulled pork leftovers?” It’s true, most of the pulled pork recipes imply big quantities that cannot be consumed at once. This super quick and tasty recipe gives you a creative and delicious way to use your pork leftovers to prepare an appetizer.
In this recipe, I’ve used cashew cheese for the filling in the jalapenos to create a dairy-free cheese. To make your cashew cheese even more cheesy, add a dash of nutritional yeast – it’s filled with vitamins and high-quality protein.
On the other hand, if you don’t want to avoid dairy, you can use any kind of cheese you like for this recipe so go wild and do your own variation!
And to top your pulled pork, I’d recommend adding a spicy mayo. This will give your pork an extra kick.
And yes, I’ve included the spicy mayo recipe, in case you don’t want to buy one from the supermarket. Either way, this is an excellent way to make use of your pulled pork leftovers by creating a new and enjoyable keto-friendly appetizer.
- 3 jalapeno peppers, sliced in half and de-seeded
- 3 Tablespoons cashew cheese
- ½ cup pulled pork
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) avocado oil
- 3 Tablespoons spicy mayo
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro, finely diced for garnish
Ingredients for the spicy mayo sauce:
- 3 Tablespoons mayo
- ¼ jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Dash of lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and minced
- Slice the peppers in half lengthwise and carefully remove the seeds.
- Place the pepper halves on a cookie sheet lined with lightly greased parchment paper.
- Fill each pepper half with cashew cheese and season with a dash of salt.
- Top with pulled pork and bake them in the oven at 400°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until the meat browns.
- In the meantime, finely mix all the mayo ingredients together.
- Let cool and then drizzle spicy mayo over each pepper and top with cilantro garnish.
- The cashew cheese can be very hot still so be careful when enjoying it.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs per serving: 4 g
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 17 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 4 g