Spiced Chocolate Covered Pecans Recipe [Keto, Paleo, Diabetic-Friendly]
This is such an easy recipe, but it’s such a great snack! Even though I used 100% chocolate in this recipe, it’s still delicious. All 42 chocolate covered pecan halves went super fast.
If this spiced chocolate covered pecans recipe isn’t quite up your street, then you might like our keto pecan crisps.
Step-By-Step Instructions for Spiced Chocolate Covered Pecans Recipe
Preheat oven to 350F. Lay the pecans in a single layer on parchment paper. Toast for 7 minutes – don’t overcook as they burn easily.
Let the pecans cool. Then place the dark chocolate (I used Tcho 99) in a bowl and melt in the microwave – I found 2 minutes on high to be perfect. You can also melt the chocolate in a bowl above hot water.
Dip the toasted pecans in the melted chocolate with a fork and carefully place back on the parchment paper to set. Sprinkle spices on top of the chocolate covered pecan pieces – I sprinkled some pieces with powdered ginger, some with chili powder, some with vanilla salt (I really liked that one), some with cinnamon (another favorite), and some with nutmeg.
Leave the pieces to set in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
The final step is to enjoy your nutty treats – and remember to make this spicy chocolate covered pecans recipe whenever you feel a choco-craving coming on.
If you’re not pecan-crazy, then you could try almonds or walnuts – if you need some naughty chocolate covered nuts as a gift or snack for guests, then these chocolate nut butter cups should do the trick.
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Place the pecan halves in a single layer on some parchment paper and bake in oven for 7 minutes.
- Let the pecan halves cool for 10-20 minutes.
- Melt the dark chocolate (microwave on high for 2 minutes).
- Dip each pecan half in the melted dark chocolate with a fork and place back on the parchment paper.
- Sprinkle a small amount of the spice/salt of your choosing on top of the chocolate covered pecans.
- Place in refrigerator for 1-2 hours to set.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 4 g
- Serving Size: 7 pieces
- Calories: 140
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g