Classic French Soup in a flash!
- Heat the olive oil in a pressure cooker on sauté and add the sliced onions. Cook until they are starting to darken and caramelize.
- Add the garlic and continue to cook the mixture until very dark and jammy. Do not allow the mixture to burn, but you do want to get a lot of color on the onions.
- Pour in the warm beef broth and bring to a simmer. Secure the lid of the pressure cooker and cook under full pressure for 30 minutes.
- Allow the pressure cooker to decompress before safely removing the lid.
- Season the soup with the Madeira (optional), salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Garnish with fresh parsley.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 5 g
- Calories: 99
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g