For the lemon garlic ghee salmon:
- 2 filets of salmon (with skin on), fresh or frozen (340 g), defrost if frozen
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) ghee (use avocado oil for AIP)
- 4 cloves garlic (12 g), minced
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Lemon slices to serve with
For the leek asparagus ginger saute:
- 10 spears of asparagus (160 g), chopped into small pieces
- 1 leek (90 g), chopped into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons (4 g) ginger powder (or use finely diced fresh ginger if you have it available)
- Avocado oil or olive oil to saute with
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Place each salmon filet on a piece of aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Divide the ghee, lemon juice, minced garlic between the two filets – place these on top of the salmon. Sprinkle with some salt. Then wrap up the salmon in the foil and place into the oven.
- Open up the foil after 10 minutes in the oven and then bake for another 10 minutes.
- While the salmon is cooking, place 1-2 tablespoons of avocado oil or olive oil into a frying pan and saute the chopped asparagus and leek on high heat. Saute for 10 minutes and then add in the ginger powder, lemon juice, and salt to taste. Saute for 1 more minute.
- Serve by dividing the saute between 2 plates and placing a salmon filet on top of each.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 11 g
- Serving Size: 1 plate
- Calories: 680
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 51 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 43 g