Home » Keto Recipes » Ketogenic Fish Recipes » Lemon Garlic Ghee Keto Salmon Recipe with Leek Asparagus Ginger Saute [Paleo, AIP]
Lemon Garlic Ghee Keto Salmon Recipe with Leek Asparagus Ginger Saute [Paleo, AIP]
Salmon is one of the easiest fish to find in the store and to cook at home. Plus, salmon is packed with a ton of healthy fats as well as vitamins and minerals. So, if you’re looking for a nutritious Keto dinner, then give this easy recipe a try.
I served the garlic ghee baked salmon with a leek asparagus ginger saute, but you can also serve the salmon with a simple salad instead.
What’s great about this Keto salmon recipe is that it’s a complete meal that can be made from scratch in just 30 minutes. (You have time to make the saute while the salmon is cooking in the oven.)
Even if your family isn’t on the Ketogenic diet, you can still enjoy this dish – it’s also Paleo and AIP-friendly.
If you’re not 100% sold on fish dishes, then you will want to look at this list of yummy keto fish dishes.
Keto Lemon Garlic Ghee Salmon with Leek Asparagus Ginger Saute – Step-By-Step Instructions
Place each salmon filet on a piece of aluminum foil or parchment paper. (Defrost the salmon first if you’re using frozen salmon.)
Add in the ghee (use avocado oil or olive oil for AIP), freshly squeezed lemon juice, minced garlic, and a dash of salt on top of each salmon filet. Wrap the salmon up in the foil or paper and place into an oven preheated to 400F. Cook for 10 minutes, then open the foil up and cook the salmon for another 10 minutes.
While the salmon is cooking, make the saute. Add all the chopped leeks to a frying pan with olive oil or avocado oil in it.
When the leeks have cooked down a bit, add in the chopped asparagus.
Saute on high heat for 10 minutes while the salmon is cooking in the oven. Add in the ginger powder (or diced fresh ginger), lemon juice, and salt to taste.
Serve by dividing the saute between two plates and placing a salmon filet on top of each saute. Squeeze extra lemon juice on top and add salt to taste.
If you’re still not sold on this keto salmon recipe, then here’s a recipe for lemon garlic chicken.
Pinterest Image for Keto Lemon Garlic Ghee Salmon with Leek Asparagus Ginger Saute [Paleo, AIP]
For the lemon garlic ghee salmon:
- 2 filets of salmon (with skin on), fresh or frozen (340 g), defrost if frozen
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) ghee (use avocado oil for AIP)
- 4 cloves garlic (12 g), minced
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Lemon slices to serve with
For the leek asparagus ginger saute:
- 10 spears of asparagus (160 g), chopped into small pieces
- 1 leek (90 g), chopped into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons (4 g) ginger powder (or use finely diced fresh ginger if you have it available)
- Avocado oil or olive oil to saute with
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Place each salmon filet on a piece of aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Divide the ghee, lemon juice, minced garlic between the two filets – place these on top of the salmon. Sprinkle with some salt. Then wrap up the salmon in the foil and place into the oven.
- Open up the foil after 10 minutes in the oven and then bake for another 10 minutes.
- While the salmon is cooking, place 1-2 tablespoons of avocado oil or olive oil into a frying pan and saute the chopped asparagus and leek on high heat. Saute for 10 minutes and then add in the ginger powder, lemon juice, and salt to taste. Saute for 1 more minute.
- Serve by dividing the saute between 2 plates and placing a salmon filet on top of each.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 11 g
- Serving Size: 1 plate
- Calories: 680
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 51 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 43 g