Ketogenic Curried Chicken Salad Recipe [Paleo, Keto]
Curried chicken salads are one of my favorite dishes. They’re easy to make in advance and keep in the fridge until you’re hungry. You can also make a large batch of curried chicken salads to eat as a snack or take to work with you for lunch.
They’re a really versatile dish – you can serve it in lettuce cups, on some keto bread, or if you’re not watching how many carbs you’re eating, then you can even add them on top of a baked sweet potato.
This is a low carb/ketogenic curried chicken salad recipe, but the more traditional curried chicken salad recipe adds a touch of sweetness using raisins (often referred to as coronation chicken in the UK).
For a more traditional curried chicken salad recipe that’s also Paleo, check out this recipe.
Keto Curried Chicken Salad Recipe – Step-By-Step Instructions
Dice the chicken breast and cook the small pieces in some coconut oil in a frying pan. Make sure the chicken is fully cooked.
Place the cooked chicken pieces into a large bowl. Let the chicken cool down while you chop the veggies that go into the chicken salad.
Chop all the veggies into very small pieces. If you have time, then saute the onion pieces in some coconut oil until they turn translucent.
Add the chopped bell pepper pieces to the bowl.
Add the blueberries to the bowl.
Add the chopped zucchini or cucumber pieces and the pumpkin seeds to the bowl.
Pour in the coconut cream and add in the curry powder.
Mix everything in the bowl together. Taste and add in additional salt, curry powder, or coconut cream to taste.
Add in the chopped cilantro. If you had time to cook the onion pieces, then add those in too.
Serve with some lettuce leaves for a simple Keto meal or snack.
For another traditional take on curried chicken salad, have a look at this recipe here.
Pinterest Image for Ketogenic Curried Chicken Salad Recipe [Paleo, Keto]
- 1 chicken breast (approx. 200g), diced into small pieces
- 1/4 onion, diced and cooked in coconut oil (optional)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (approx. 100g), diced into small pieces
- 1/2 zucchini or cucumber (approx. 50-70g), diced into small cubes
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin seeds (approx. 5g)
- 14 blueberries (approx. 35g)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) coconut cream
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- Coconut oil to cook with
- Lettuce leaves to serve with
- Cook the diced chicken in 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil until the chicken pieces are fully cooked.
- Place the cooked chicken pieces into a bowl and let cool for a few minutes.
- Add into the bowl the diced bell pepper, cucumber/zucchini, pumpkin seeds, blueberries, and optional cooked onion pieces.
- Mix in the coconut cream, curry powder, salt to taste, and chopped cilantro.
- Serve with lettuce leaves or enjoy by itself.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 5 g
- Calories: 385
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 30 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 23 g