Light and fluffy vanilla bean cupcakes that you won’t believe are keto! These cupcakes have a perfect fluffy, fine crumb sponge that works as a base for many different frostings. It pairs perfectly with this simple, light vanilla bean frosting!
- 1/2 cup (60 g) of almond flour
- 1/2 cup (56 g) of coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (1 g) of xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 g) of salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of vanilla extract
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) of ghee, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of almond milk
- 2/3 cup (132 g) of granulated erythritol
For the vanilla bean frosting:
- 1/2 cup (98 g) of ghee, room temperature
- 1/2–1 cup (96-192 g) of powdered erythritol, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon(15 ml) of almond milk
- Seeds of 1 vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with 10 cupcake liners.
- Mix the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, vanilla extract, and granulated sweetener until light and fluffy. Mix in melted ghee and almond milk.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients until just mixed.
- Fill each liner 3/4 full and bake for 15-18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, beat the ghee until light and fluffy. Add the powdered sweetener, starting with 1/2 cup and beating until light and fluffy. Add more sweetener to taste. Beat in the vanilla bean seeds (or extract) and almond milk.
- Pipe the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes and enjoy!
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 1 g
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Calories: 276
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 28 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 5 g