Perfect little jars of the classic tiramisu with a coconut twist.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (96 g) of granulated sweetener
- 1/3 cup (79 ml) of ghee, melted and cooled slightly.
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) of baking powder
- 1 cup (120 g) of almond flour
- 1/2 cup (56 g) of coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 g) of salt
- 1 cup (240 ml) of strong coffee, cooled
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of brandy, optional
- 2 cans (800 ml) of coconut milk, chilled overnight
- 1 cup (192 g) of powdered sweetener
- 1/2 oz (14 g) of dark chocolate
- 2 Tablespoons (12 g) of cacao powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8-in pan with parchment paper.
- Beat the eggs and sweetener together with a hand mixer or stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the melted ghee and vanilla extract, then beat again.
- Mix the flours, baking powder, and salt in another bowl. Fold in the egg mixture.
- Pour dough into the pan and spread out evenly. Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare the coffee and set it aside to cool. Add in the brandy if using.
- Spoon out the solid coconut cream from the top of the chilled cans of coconut milk and add to a bowl. Beat with a mixer until light and fluffy – it will take a few minutes.
- Beat in the powdered sweetener gradually and add to taste.
- To assemble the jars, use a cookie cutter to cut out rounds of sponge. Dip the sponge rounds in the coffee for a few seconds and allow it to absorb some of the fluid. Place a round at the bottom of each jar.
- Spoon a layer of coconut cream in to each jar followed by a sprinkle of cacao powder.
- Repeat until you have used up the sponge and cream – you should have between 2-3 layers in each jar depending on the size of your jars. For the final layer, grate some dark chocolate on the top.
- Add the lids to the jars and place in the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 4 g
- Serving Size: 1 jar
- Calories: 423
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 39 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 10 g