Enjoy all of the flavor of stuffing but without all of the carbs when you make this Keto Thanksgiving Stuffing recipe.
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) coconut oil
- 1 medium onion (110 g), thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced or finely diced
- 1/2 lb (225 g) ground sausage or ground pork
- 1/2 head cauliflower (300 g), chopped into small florets
- 1/2 cup (65 g) chopped chestnuts (or walnuts), cooked
- 1/4 cup (17 g) chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 g) ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon (6 g) almond flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C). If not using an oven-safe skillet, grease a casserole dish and set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the ground sausage to the skillet and saute until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower florets, chopped chestnuts, fresh sage, cinnamon powder and ground nutmeg to the skillet and continue to saute for 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place the mixture into the prepared casserole dish, if needed. Pour the chicken broth over the sausage mixture and press down on the mixture to make an even layer. Sprinkle the almond flour evenly over the top of the mixture.
- Place the oven-safe skillet or casserole dish in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the sausage is cooked through and the cauliflower is tender. Use a meat thermometer to check that the sausages reach 165 F (73 C).
- Remove from the oven and serve warm.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 4 g
- Calories: 177
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 11 g