This sunny breakfast casserole is loaded with nutritious ingredients and is an easy dish to serve up on the weekends.
8 oz (225g) of Italian sausage
1/2 head of broccoli (8 oz or 225 g), chopped into small florets
1/2 medium red bell pepper (2 oz or 60 g), diced
8 medium eggs, whisked
1 Tablespoon of turmeric (6 g)
1/3 cup (80 ml) of filtered water
Olive oil, for cooking
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C). Grease a casserole dish with olive oil and set aside.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the Italian sausage to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, using a wood spoon to break into smaller pieces.
- Add the broccoli and bell pepper to the pan and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the eggs, water, and turmeric.
- Spread the sausage mixture evenly in a casserole dish. Pour over the egg mixture over the vegetables, using a spoon to gently combine the mixture.
- Place the casserole dish in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden and the eggs are cooked through.
- Remove the dish from the oven and serve immediately.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs per servings: 3 g
- Serving Size: ¼ recipe
- Calories: 333
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 23 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 20 g