Sundaes are a treat, Keto or not.
For the vanilla ice cream –
- 6 large eggs, whisked
- 3.5 cups (840 ml or 28.5 fl oz) unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup erythritol + stevia, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) coconut cream (from the top of a can of refrigerated coconut milk)
- Dash of salt
For the brownie pieces –
- Keto brownie trimmings (e.g., from this Keto brownie recipe)
For the chocolate drizzle –
To make the vanilla ice cream –
- Place the ice cream maker bowl into the freezer the night before.
- Place the eggs, almond milk, erythritol, vanilla extract, coconut cream, and salt into a blender and blend well until completely smooth.
- Pour into a saucepan and heat to 158 F (70 C). Use a thermometer – do not overheat.
- Once 158 F (70 C) has been reached, maintain this temperature for 10 minutes. This can easily be done by sliding the pan halfway off the heat and continue the process of stirring and monitoring.
- Let cool and then chill in the fridge.
- Pour the mixture into the frozen ice cream bowl and start the machine churning for 30-35 minutes.
- Transfer into a container and freeze.
To make the chocolate drizzle –
- Melt a handful of chocolate pieces in a pan over low heat. Add the oil and sweetener to taste.
To put the sundae together –
- Serve the ice cream in a sundae glass, alternating with layers of brownie trimmings.
- Drizzle with a chocolate drizzle in between layers and top with chopped walnuts.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 3 g
- Calories: 216
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 17 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 9 g