Enjoy all of the flavors of apple butter but without the sugar and carbs with this Keto Sugar-Free “Apple” Butter recipe.
- 6 yellow squash (1 ¾ lbs or 750 g), peeled and chopped
- 1 carrot (2 oz or 50 g), peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup (96 g) granulated erythritol
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) water
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon (6 g) cinnamon powder
- 1/8 teaspoon (1/4 g) ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Place the chopped summer squash, chopped carrot, granulated erythritol, water, apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the squash mixture from the heat and let cool slightly. Place the cooled mixture in a high-speed blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Place the pureed mixture, cinnamon powder, ground nutmeg, and salt in the saucepan and continue to simmer for 50 to 60 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent burning, until the mixture reaches desired consistency.
- Let cool slightly before serving. Refrigerate the leftover “apple” butter in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 2 g
- Serving Size: Approx. 2 Tablespoons [30 ml] per serving
- Calories: 14
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g