Keto Spinach Mushroom Bacon Saute Recipe
This keto spinach mushroom bacon saute recipe makes a really quick and easy Keto side dish.
Add it on top of your steak or serve it with some chicken or pork.
It’s a great way to get both healthy fats as well as some vegetables into your Keto diet. Plus, it’s quick and easy to make.
Check out more side dish recipes here.
How to make Keto Spinach Mushroom Bacon Saute
Cook the diced bacon in a pan until the bacon starts to get crispy.
Then add in your diced portabella mushroom to the pan. You can use other mushrooms if you don’t have portabella available, but I find the portabella mushroom adds a distinct flavor that works well in this Keto side dish.
Saute the bacon and mushrooms until the mushrooms are tender. If you need to add more cooking oil, then add in some avocado oil.
Lastly, add in the spinach and cook until wilted. This is pretty quick – usually just a few minutes. The spinach might look like a lot at first, but it cooks down fast.
Season to taste (salt, pepper, tamari sauce). You can also add in hot sauce for a spicy kick.
What to serve this Keto spinach mushroom bacon saute recipe with?
Here are some recipe suggestions to enjoy with your spinach mushroom bacon side dish:
You could also use your spinach mushroom and bacon saute to make a super tasty quiche (with a keto-friendly crust of course)!
- 6 slices of bacon (168 g), diced
- 1/2 lb (225 g) spinach
- 1 portobello mushroom (84 g), diced (or use other mushroom)
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) tamari sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the diced bacon in a frying pan until slightly crispy.
- Add in the mushrooms and cook both until the mushrooms soften.
- Add in the spinach and cook for a few more minutes until wilted.
- Season with tamari sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 2 g
- Calories: 444
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 39 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 17 g