Home » Blog » Keto Spanish Soup Recipe
Keto Spanish Soup Recipe
This Keto Spanish Soup is a classic and flavorful dish that is made using keto-friendly ingredients. This hearty soup combines nourishing vegetables and bold spices to create a meal that is both delicious and nutritious.
The key to making this low-carb soup is to use vegetables that are low in carbohydrates such as tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, onions, and garlic.
The benefits and effects of tomatoes and cucumbers in a keto diet are numerous. Tomatoes are a great source of vitamins A and C, as well as fiber and antioxidants. Additionally, they can help reduce inflammation, provide a boost to the immune system, and aid in digestion. Cucumbers are also highly nutritious and contain a variety of vitamins and minerals. They are known for their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, as well as their ability to help regulate blood sugar levels. Both vegetables are low in calories and carbs, making them a perfect addition to any keto diet. Furthermore, tomatoes and cucumbers both have a high water content, which can help you stay hydrated and reduce the feeling of hunger.
To make this easy Keto Spanish Soup, start by blending all the ingredients together until you get a smooth mixture. Next is to let it simmer in a pan for 5 minutes. Then refrigerate for 1 hour. Optionally garnish with chopped bell pepper and tomatoes or add your choice of lean protein such as cooked chicken, turkey, or shrimp for added flavor and bulk.
This Keto Spanish Soup is a great way to enjoy a low-carb meal without sacrificing flavor. Serve it with a side of freshly chopped avocado or a dollop of cream for even more flavor and texture. Enjoy!
- 1 ½ tomatoes (135 g), chopped
- 1 cucumber (120 g), peeled, seeded, and chopped
- ¼ white onion (28 g), chopped
- 2 garlic cloves (6 g)
- ½ green bell pepper (60 g), seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of olive oil
- 1 cup (240 ml) vegetable broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor.
- Blend until you get a smooth mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to a pan and cook, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Let it refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Optionally garnish with chopped bell pepper and tomatoes.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per-serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 7 g
- Calories: 161
- Sugar: 5 g
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2 g