The water bath is a foolproof way to get the perfectly done (medium) steak.
- 2 fillet steaks (approx. 4.2oz / 120g each)
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of olive oil
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of olive oil, additional to fry
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Equipment: water bath and vacuum sealer
- Fill a water bath with water and preheat it to 130°F (54°C).
- Place each steak into individual sous-vide bags and add a tablespoon of olive oil, a sprig of rosemary, and a sprig of thyme into each bag.
- Use a vacuum sealer to seal both bags under full pressure.
- Place the bags into the preheated water bath (it usually buzzes or notifies you when its preheated), ensuring they are fully submerged under the water. Leave in the water bath for 35 minutes.
- Remove the bags from the water bath and allow to rest for 10 minutes before opening. Discard the herbs and the bags.
- To finish, heat some olive oil in a pan and once very hot, sear the outsides of both steaks for 20-30 seconds on each side to get some good color and caramelization.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately with your favorite side dish.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 0 g
- Calories: 512
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 47 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 21 g