This soda bread is packed with flavor, so you can enjoy it with anything you can think of.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) ghee
- 1.5 Tablespoons (12 g) nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 cup (120 g) almond flour
- 1/4 cup (28 g) coconut flour
- 3 Tablespoons (36 g) ground chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon (4 g) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) baking powder
- Dash of erythritol or stevia
- Generous pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Whisk the eggs with the vinegar in a bowl. Add the melted ghee (which should not be piping hot else it will scramble the eggs) and the nutritional yeast flakes. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients, then add the egg mixture, combining thoroughly. You should have a fairly solid mass which you can place onto a tray lined with parchment paper and shape into a slightly flattened ball. (While this bread will not benefit from making the customary ‘slices’ in the top, you can do so anyway for decorative purposes by making a criss-cross burrow with a butter knife).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove and allow to cool completely before slicing.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 2 g.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 153
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 6 g