- 3 lb shoulder (or butt) pork roast
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) gluten-free tamari sauce or coconut aminos
- 4 Tablespoons (60 ml) apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix together all the ingredients apart from the pork. Rub this mixture on the pork.
- Place the pork (skin side up) and any remaining mixture into the slow cooker.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook the meat for 8 hours on high or, if you want it extremely tender, set it for 10-12 hours on low.
- Use 2 forks to shred the tender meat and place the shredded pork back into the juice from the slow cooker. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes before serving for a delicious flavor throughout.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 327
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 21g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 30g