A fresh lemon chicken with a glaze, perfect for spring and summer.
- Cut both lemons in half. Save one half for juice and set aside. Thinly slice the remaining lemons and set aside.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt. Heat the olive oil in a nonstick pan and fry the thighs until the skins are golden and crispy. Remove the thighs and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the mushrooms and cook until caramelized.
- Place the chicken, mushrooms, and slices of lemon in a slow cooker, and pour in the chicken stock. Squeeze the lemon half into the slow cooker and add the picked thyme leaves. Cover and cook for 2 hours on low.
- After two hours, remove the chicken, lemon, and mushrooms with a slotted spoon, and set aside to keep warm.
- Pour the stock into a clean nonstick pan on the stove and reduce over high heat until it becomes thick and glossy. Use a pastry brush to simply brush this glaze over the chicken thighs.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and garnish with additional fresh thyme sprigs.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 4 g
- Calories: 254
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 17 g